- Keep a spare set of linens in each room that requires bedding. This greatly reduces the steps taken at the time the task needs to be completed as well as reduce the "search and find" time wasted when attempting to locate a specific set.
- Do you suffer from "lack of space" for storing bedroom linens? Invest in a storage trunk. This can be a very nice, decorative and functional piece of bedroom furniture that is extremely versatile for college dorms later on.
- Keep a laundry basket of some sort in every room. Have everyone in the household get in the habit of either hanging their clothes up or putting them in a laundry basket(why of course there is one in every room!)
We are attempting to handle things less and clothes are no exception. Take 30seconds to hang your clothes up after wearing them instead of creating piles that last one or two weeks. Remember, it's easier to deal with clothes in 30second intervals rather than 60 minute drudgery segments to hang 1-2 weeks worth.
- Make the bed as soon as you get up. Creating an aesthetically pleasing to the eye bedroom is not only more peaceful, it is far more romantic!
Ohhhhhh, now I get it! You say your spouse sleeps in later than you? How about teaching them to make the bed? (Last one out is designated bed-maker that day!)
In delegating the"bed making task," learn to settle for a bit less than perfection. Lumps and bumps will go away in time as spouses or mates master the task. Just remember to be patient in the process.
- More than one bathrobe to hang yet no extra closet space to put them? Invest in atop-of-door-slip-on-hanger-hook, it holds up to 5 hanger items with a hook on the end to boot.
- Too much jewelry? Get together with a good friend who will assist you with an honest opinion and weed through your artifacts. Donate what is no longer desirable to your favorite local charity, children's home etc...
To reclaim space and ease of visibility, invest in a jewelry armoire. You will inherit lots of space, have a great functional piece of furniture, create a space to see all your precious pieces simultaneously and gain drawer prime drawer space to contain those special belts, scarfs and other odd size accessories.
When purchasing bedroom furniture always think "space maximization."Seek night stands that have drawers, shelves, cabinets and possibly cubbies. Avoid settling for a plain ordinary table as this is prime floor space. Let's attempt to maximize the night stands use while appealing to our aesthetic nature.
If you find yourself in the market for a new bed frame or headboard,consider investing in a headboard that contains ample space to store tissues,alarm clock, phone, water glasses, reading glasses, your favorite reading material and romantic pleasures.
Table of Contents